Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Friend is...

Last week for Story Hour, we read the book "My Friend is Sad" (an Elephant and Piggie book) by Mo Willems. I have to admit, this is one of my favorite stories. Nothing cheers me up more than a friend, not even cowboys, clowns, or robots (although they are pretty cool). This book is a great reminder to any child of the importance of friendship and how our friends make us feel. There are some other really great Elephant and Piggie books that I suggest checking out. Speaking of elephants and their friends, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtFTF2ii7U

After our story, we made "Piggie Banks" out of recycled cardboard canisters. We also colored pretend money and had a lesson in coins. Start saving for your futures, kids! One week chocolate, the next week money? What am I teaching these kids?

In dedication of my friends, whom I love and miss.

1 comment:

  1. I love Elephant & Piggie books!
    Cute craft activity. Even cuter video clip : )

    ReplyDelete