Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Thursdays

This blog is about nothing in particular except to say that I love Thursdays. There are many reasons for my love of Thursdays, but I would like to focus on one in particular. Every Thursday, Jeff, one of our faithful volunteers, comes in and helps to shelve books. He also brings with him a special treat for everyone working that evening.
I am not an advocate for fast food, and I never purchase it on my own. But I have become addicted to my Thursday french fries and soda-pop. It is the one time of the week that I eat junky food or drink soda. I'm sure if he brought in salads and tomato juice, I would feel exactly the same. It's the thought that counts--the knowing that you will be sharing something with others and that someone cares about the work you do.
So thanks to Jeff for his generosity, help, and kindness. It does not go unappreciated. Although I don't know how I will overcome my new found french fry addiction. mmmm...
And while I'm at it, thanks to Winslow for the farm fresh eggs, and to everyone else who contributes to the library and shares special treats. I am eternally grateful. We all are!

No comments:

Post a Comment